There’s a list of prayer requests below. We do need prayer but mainly wanted to share with you what God has been teaching our hearts as we trust Him for financial support. As some of you may know, Shannon and I are currently in a season of trusting the Lord for a significant expansion of our financial support and base of ministry partners.
Things we are learning…
How are these similar to lessons the Lord is teaching you?
1. For the long haul, our ministry must be sustained by relationships with partners. The Lord never intended for us to serve Him alone. Partners, advocates, friends with wise counsel, prayer warriors, encouragers, people who stand shoulder to shoulder — all these are terms we’d use to describe the people of our ministry partnership team. We need partners, not just donors. And we would not trade a single one of you for the world.
2. It’s about the heart. God is fully capable and willing to meet all our needs right this moment. Yet if we held out our hands and God miraculously were to pour down money onto our palms right now we would probably miss out on the riches He wants to pour into our hearts. Patient waiting, prayer and asking often leads us to treasure Jesus more and more. That’s what He wants. And that’s really what we need. “…and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.” Romans 5:5
3. God by nature is generous. He also causes people to be generous. We’ve seen that people are more willing to give and share in our ministry than we are willing to believe. People give out of a heart response to Jesus and what He’s done. This is not mere philanthropy. “But they are also filled with abundant joy, which has overflowed in rich generosity.” 2 Corinth 8:2b
- Our hearts to grow deeper in Jesus, seeking His face during this time.
- Us to be a blessing to ministry partners and potential ministry partners.
- We’re asking the Lord for at least $450 per month in new monthly commitments before Christmas and triple that amount in early 2014.
- PRAISE for several partners who have recently increased their giving and for at least 6 new partners joining our team this month